Earliest dates to book...?

WestHoustonCouple

So when is the earliest everyone looking at to book going back to Temptation ?
If we book thru Temptation 's own website for resort + flight package for July, 3 months away, & if things haven't open back up yet, will resort work with the airlines to reschedule/rebook our flights & resort dates to a later date, with penalties nor other fees?
Or is that still too risky too early to book....?

soldier4402

Addict
I don’t think anybody has the answer right now and nor do I think resorts have a say or would trust any of their guarantees if they have any.

first is a question of safety and health depending on how you view the risk or lack there of.

We’re looking at trip now but in our opinion we’re not risking thousands of dollars until things clear up and there is more fidelity.

uk-couple69

The way we see it it is not going to happen in 2020. Social distancing is essential and this is the last hotel where that would work. Can you imagine being told when you book in at reception to stay 2m apart..... wouldn't work. If you look at some of the earlier posts on here dismissing Coronavirus and how they have changed their opinion in a short time. Things will go back to normal as we know it when there is a vaccine and not before. Our experts in the UK think they will have a vaccine September/October but getting it to 60 million is something else. The problem in the USA is far greater

Sorry if this sounds like a dampener but it is best case reality i'm afraid. We have resigned ourselves to February 2021 at the earliest.

soldier4402

Addict
The way we see it it is not going to happen in 2020. Social distancing is essential and this is the last hotel where that would work. Can you imagine being told when you book in at reception to stay 2m apart..... wouldn't work. If you look at some of the earlier posts on here dismissing Coronavirus and how they have changed their opinion in a short time. Things will go back to normal as we know it when there is a vaccine and not before. Our experts in the UK think they will have a vaccine September/October but getting it to 60 million is something else. The problem in the USA is far greater

Sorry if this sounds like a dampener but it is best case reality i'm afraid. We have resigned ourselves to February 2021 at the earliest.
That’s our other thought and good point. Is let’s say they do open in the next 30-60 days. Will they operate at full capacity, limit events etc. then factor being in a foreign country and possibly getting stuck because rules change.
We for one don’t see the risk for our own health, but possibly spreading to others. With that said I don’t see how you even contemplate a trip like this till summer is over

WestHoustonCouple

Seriously,
Since this is a Swinger's forum & not just vanilla TripAdvisor site,
How many of you, like us, has participated in let's say "Fun" activities over the past 10 years (with 6 past trips to both Desires & 5 to Temptation ) & had thoughts of worrying about "let's not risk catching colds or flu, or now Corona?" in the past... :cool:

D

Deleted member 10836

Who would think a handshake could end society as we know it.

V123

The most recent update from the CEO of the Original Group claims that they will open up on June 1st, 2020 :(

uk-couple69

Seriously,
Since this is a Swinger's forum & not just vanilla TripAdvisor site,
How many of you, like us, has participated in let's say "Fun" activities over the past 10 years (with 6 past trips to both Desires & 5 to Temptation ) & had thoughts of worrying about "let's not risk catching colds or flu, or now Corona?" in the past... :cool:

Words fail me....... I pray you get booked ASAP after that comment. Remember to pack the paracetamol just incase, that should do the trick. On second thought, I wish my 2 friends, who are completely unrelated had listened to your expert advice before they were buried this week, both in their 30's.

The rest of you please stay safe and have a happy life.

D

Deleted member 9609

Words fail me....... I pray you get booked ASAP after that comment. Remember to pack the paracetamol just incase, that should do the trick. On second thought, I wish my 2 friends, who are completely unrelated had listened to your expert advice before they were buried this week, both in their 30's.

What a harsh and nasty thing to say! While you have every right to disagree with someone's opinion (and many of us may agree), what gives you the right to "pray" that someone books a trip "ASAP" where you strongly imply that they may get sick or even die?!?

I, personally, am so sorry for your loss. No one should have to deal with the loss of loved ones at anytime. I appreciate the warning you are facetiously giving, but you are wishing the very same fate for people with whose opinion you disagree (facetiously or not).

Yes, by all means disagree. You'll get lots of support from us in this community, but to "pray" that someone increase and accelerate their own demise because you don't like what they say.... I cannot support you on that.

PeytonS

I’ve checked with resort and you have one year to use credit without penalty.

Metricrider

Addict

Wow. Bit rough......

Metricrider

Addict
Still holding on to August 11 hopes. Looked and it is now $700 less then we booked for the same dates. Seems it would be a good time to raise rates if they are gonna open but who knows these days.

Mrs.Smith

I am sorry for your loss, I have lost some people from this too, however being terrible to others who merely are trying to have some hope of something positive in this shitty situation does not help anyone.
We ALL need some positivity, and if that means we are talking about future trips (even if they MAY not happen) why rain on the parade.
Now if you live with a loved one go and hug them! I know I am, much to hubby's delight, the kitties not so much, ha.

uk-couple69

Hysterical reaction if I ever did read one. "wanting someone to die".... please stop it. I merely pointed out that to trivialize a life or death situation by comparing Covid-19 to the possibility of "catching cold or flu through fun and games" defies belief. I initially gave a very balanced reply to a crisis, that let's face it, we all need to give serious consideration . Mrs Smith i did incorporate future trips in my initial reply. I am not trying to rain on anyone's parade here just giving an opinion.

Some other world leader compared this situation to the flu and 28,500 have died in his own country in a matter of weeks. Before anyone jumps on this, my point is not political, I really like the guy that said this , but i reckon he got this a little wrong. The bigger point is this, you can advise a person on any dangerous situation in life but if they are hell bent on doing something anyway, then go ahead and do it. God knows, in our own home we advise our daughters all the time and they ignore us, lots of times to their cost. Problem is the stakes are much higher just now.

The initial question in this thread was "when do you think it will be safe to book ?". I don't think it will be safe before we have a vaccine, simple !. I pray that will be next week or very soon and we can go back to normality ASAP. The biggest risk, as we see it, is that poorer countries like Mexico, Turkey & Greece etc will re-open for business before it is safe to do so. They rely so heavily on tourism that it just might influence their decision to open for business again before it is safe to do so, and in my opinion that would be catastrophic.

Anyway it's all about opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs. I received a sarcastic response "Seriously, Since this is a Swinger's forum & not just vanilla TripAdvisor site" from Westhoustoncouple which i felt had no justification to my initial civil input.

Have a nice day everyone and please stay safe.

D

Deleted member 9609

Unfortunately, you didn't slow down and begin with this comment, instead of the one intended to be sarcastic. This latter comment is your opinion without (sarcastically) "praying" for someone's illness. This could have saved the 60 (literally 60) comments, likes on those comments, or dislikes that your previous comment incited within 24 short hours. All that said, I believe your opinion is valid and well stated. While we all wish for a quick return to our daily lives, your advice would be something all parties would benefit from heeding. Welcome back to civility!

NellyFrank

Civility, I like that! We could all use a little civility after the frustration of being quarantined. Well said!

Amanda&Ben

Stopped short of apologizing but at least you backed off, a bit.

Don't worry, I'll do it for you.

On behalf of parties who do not wish to admit crossing a line, I apologize, WestHoustonCouple. I knew what you meant. People are on edge right now. Speaking without thinking is bound to happen. Hang in there!

kookatwo

he says:

This has become an interesting thread, given the recent bitching about various topics. Amanda&Ben make the clear point, people are on edge these days and for very good reason. Thank you 1500cc for purposefully closing with the term "civility". And, equally, thank you to uk-couple for expressing your grief. Having two friends die, in the prime of life, of COVID.... there are no words to convey how shitty that is. Your tone was obviously received as edgy but I bet no-one on here would be "speaking" softly given your circumstances. I'm not into prayer but I do hope no-one else here has similar cause for grief.

Everyone on this forum, regardless of how deep into the LS they are (forgive the bad pun) is a hedonist at heart and this virus has brought our style of fun to an abrupt halt. What seemed so important mere weeks ago, from TTR trips to house parties to flirting at the liquor store, have become trivial pursuits. Family matters, friends matter, finances matter. Vacations, yeah, they'll matter again once this mess fades.

Hug someone today, but only if they live in your house.

fairwaysandgreens

I am a medical profession and have seen many of the virus scares from h1n1 to the first Covid scare which was sars. All the social distancing has done and will do is not make everyone sick at the same time. It’s is a virus u will get it. There r many different stains. Luckily 86% of the population will have very few symptoms and some none at all. A small percentage of unknown secondary reactions to the virus will occur in healthy young adults. And the elderly and immune compromised will be sicker and possibly die. This is also true in these groups with every virus. So we can’t live in fear, heart disease, cancer, violent crimes and terrorist.

Metricrider

Addict
I am a medical profession and have seen many of the virus scares from h1n1 to the first Covid scare which was sars. All the social distancing has done and will do is not make everyone sick at the same time. It’s is a virus u will get it. There r many different stains. Luckily 86% of the population will have very few symptoms and some none at all. A small percentage of unknown secondary reactions to the virus will occur in healthy young adults. And the elderly and immune compromised will be sicker and possibly die. This is also true in these groups with every virus. So we can’t live in fear, heart disease, cancer, violent crimes and terrorist.
Says it all!

tw1mempho

"All the social distancing has done and will do is not make everyone sick at the same time. It’s is a virus u will get it"

I will probably get kicked off of this site for this , but I think it is importing to say ... here is what my VA Dr. texted me when I texted her this
"sorry but I have been seeing that the VA is getting hit hard, Just want to say if it is true , thank you for all of ya'lls work.
If ya'll have any suggestions on how we can help? "

her response to was....
"Yes, stay home, stay away from people. Wash your hands for 30 seconds and keep possibly infected hands away from your face!!!!
Wear a mask if you have to go out but better yet stay home, PLEASE."

take it for what U will...
jmho

Bambi

Staff member
"All the social distancing has done and will do is not make everyone sick at the same time. It’s is a virus u will get it"

I will probably get kicked off of this site for this , but I think it is importing to say ... here is what my VA Dr. texted me when I texted her this
"sorry but I have been seeing that the VA is getting hit hard, Just want to say if it is true , thank you for all of ya'lls work.
If ya'll have any suggestions on how we can help? "

her response to was....
"Yes, stay home, stay away from people. Wash your hands for 30 seconds and keep possibly infected hands away from your face!!!!
Wear a mask if you have to go out but better yet stay home, PLEASE."

take it for what U will...
jmho

Why did you think you would get kicked off?

Yes according to the CDC it's true if you do as you doctor says it will help prevent you catching covid19 "right now". We are also self isolating right now and following all recommended precautions.

However I also believe what fairwaysandgreens posted is also true. This is a strain of corona virus, just like the common cold and it's not going to someday just go away. Many people are waiting for a vaccine and think That will make it go away . . . not true.

Think about it, we have flu vaccines, have had them for years and this year the H1N1 (Yes the cause of the last world wide pandemic) is one of the predominant flu strains. According to CDC website 2019-2020 flu deaths in Just The USA are expected to be between 29,000- 59,000. However this does not make the main stream media.

What the new normal will be we do not know yet, but one thing is for sure . . . this will be around for a long long time with or without a vaccine.
So my suggestion is to do as I do, try to eat healthy, exercise daily and try not to compromise your health with smoking or vaping and hopefully some day in future years when you do get it (just like we all get a cold or the flu) your symptoms will be minimal.

Stay safe and live each day like it's your last :)