June Reopening Facts & Experiences?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10282
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10282

Aloha All,

First off I feel for anyone that didn't get to go in May. You all looked so sexy.... =-)

We book our vacations a year in advance and look forward to them all year.

We are all wondering what the new normal is? We have been trying to figure out whats going to happen? We were able to get AMAZING rates and change the booking for us to longer, and we have had to redo our plane tickets etc. But we are wondering about what the resort is going to do? Are they going to offer less activities? Has anyone been to the resort when the occupancy is very low? We are guessing that we will have the run of the place for the most part. I know that many of you are wondering the same thing? We plan on posting here about what we learned and would love to hear about others experiences.

Does anyone have a good source of information we can look at?

Thanks in advance.

Wild1s

At this point, I don't think anyone (including the owners) really knows what's going to happen and when. As far as what happens when there's a small crowd, we experienced it once several years ago. The only real difference was that there were a lot fewer swingers (and those who like to play with swingers) than normal. It was our least fun week out of 20+ trips.

Mrs.Smith

I went last september and recall staff saying it was at about 60% capacity. Less swingers but still managed to get into some fun. All depends on your attitude, I honestly would just be super freaking happy to be able to get away after our April trip was cancelled.

I think everyone is in a "we wont know what the new world looks like till we are there mindset"

Probably the best thing to do is to sign up for the temptation email newsletter (from the main website) and or join Facebook group that Steve owns, he seems to be updating as he gets new info (posted a bunch of new airlines flying come june 1st this week)

cdcalpoly

We've been wondering too.... It will be fun either way. We are there June 16 -23 ;-)

AccuTemp

We ain’t sure what to expect even though it will be our 24th trip , just looking forward to getting away I guess. We will find out June 6th -13th how it goes I suppose ‍lol

D

Deleted member 10282

OK I think we already subscribed to the hotels page. Thanks for the idea. Not sure about the social media ones... Is it this one ? Welcome to Temptation Social I feel for those folk who couldn't go in April too! =-0 Forgot about that month. I think that we are determined to go even if we have to wear a mask in sexy pool!

Totally random question.... Can we bring floats to the pool?

Mrs.Smith

OK I think we already subscribed to the hotels page. Thanks for the idea. Not sure about the social media ones... Is it this one ? Welcome to Temptation Social I feel for those folk who couldn't go in April too! =-0 Forgot about that month. I think that we are determined to go even if we have to wear a mask in sexy pool!

Temptation social is the resorts social media meet up platform. The other is a facebook page.
Oh yeah! I've been making masks, myself like crazy, currently no one is buying custom lingerie or corsets in a pandemic, lol

Yes, you can take pool floats! I have seen a few over the years.

AccuTemp

I texted with the GM this morning and joked around about masks and the vibe I got from him was no masks but who knows exactly. When are you guys going ?

D

Deleted member 9609

I texted with the GM this morning and joked around about masks and the vibe I got from him was no masks but who knows exactly. When are you guys going ?
Thanks for letting us know. I hope all worked out with you guys and resceduling?

AccuTemp

Thanks for letting us know. I hope all worked out with you guys and resceduling?

this trip was just a add on since we have now canceled 3 vacations that were suppose to happen in the last 8 weeks. We booked this last week for June 6-13 but this morning our flight there got canceled so now it’s re-booked for June 7-13 with a layover in New York City ....... hopefully this trip happens

EDWARD-ALLI

Doesn't look like any Canadians will be going anytime soon, still in lockdown especially for non essential trips, and you are forced quarantined when you return for 14 days. Unless you got 3 weeks vacation from work, most people will be waiting till this restriction is removed.

Wild1s

Doesn't look like any Canadians will be going anytime soon, still in lockdown especially for non essential trips, and you are forced quarantined when you return for 14 days. Unless you got 3 weeks vacation from work, most people will be waiting till this restriction is removed.
That sucks!

G&luk

We are booked from the UK for 14 nights and we have the same restrictions as Canada, hope it changes soon as we can’t afford to be off work for a month

EricAndRobin

We are currently booked for June 13 - June 20. The wife is recovering from a surgery right now. (No not new boobs)
We both really need good TTR vacation. But right now there is only a 47.93% chance we will ready for June.

Dear traveler:
We hope you and your family are healthy. Also, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for showing your continued support throughout these difficult times. And now, without further a due, we hope you are ready to enjoy travel once again, because we are excited to announce the reopening of our properties! Here is a detailed update of what you can expect on your next Temptation Cancun Resort or Desire Resorts vacation:

Temptation Cancun Resort and Desire Riviera Maya Resort will reopen on June 1st, while Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort is set to reopen on July 1st. For the month of June, all current reservations for Desire Pearl will be automatically transferred to Desire Riviera Maya Resort.

We have been working on new sanitation and safety protocols on each of our three properties to ensure the wellbeing of all guests and employees. Each of the measures that have been implemented follow the recommendations of local, national, and international organizations, and will be updated as additional information becomes available. Some of the most prominent actions we have taken that may be of utmost importance to you, include:

• Daily health screenings and temperature monitoring of all employees and guests, upon arrival.

• Training of all employees pertaining to the new international health and safety guidelines.

• The use of a face mask is mandatory for all staff. Guests will be provided face masks at check in and are encouraged to wear them.

• Restaurants and bars will permit a maximum of 50% occupancy to comply with social distancing.

• Self-service food stations will be replaced by assisted buffet service.

• Pool and beach lounge chairs will be spaced for social distancing.

We have also enhanced sanitation and cleaning protocols to meet the new industry standards and will be reinforcing all health and sanitation certifications, including Mexico’s Distinctive H and Cristal International Standards.

Once again, thank you for your continued support. We cannot wait to see and serve you again. If you have any questions about your upcoming or future reservations or about the new enhanced protocols, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are back & better than ever, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Original Group

slocro1997

Check your news outlet...DHS has extended travel restriction until June 22 to Mexico and Canada.

soldier4402

Addict
Dear traveler:
We hope you and your family are healthy. Also, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for showing your continued support throughout these difficult times. And now, without further a due, we hope you are ready to enjoy travel once again, because we are excited to announce the reopening of our properties! Here is a detailed update of what you can expect on your next Temptation Cancun Resort or Desire Resorts vacation:

Temptation Cancun Resort and Desire Riviera Maya Resort will reopen on June 1st, while Desire Riviera Maya Pearl Resort is set to reopen on July 1st. For the month of June, all current reservations for Desire Pearl will be automatically transferred to Desire Riviera Maya Resort.

We have been working on new sanitation and safety protocols on each of our three properties to ensure the wellbeing of all guests and employees. Each of the measures that have been implemented follow the recommendations of local, national, and international organizations, and will be updated as additional information becomes available. Some of the most prominent actions we have taken that may be of utmost importance to you, include:

• Daily health screenings and temperature monitoring of all employees and guests, upon arrival.

• Training of all employees pertaining to the new international health and safety guidelines.

• The use of a face mask is mandatory for all staff. Guests will be provided face masks at check in and are encouraged to wear them.

• Restaurants and bars will permit a maximum of 50% occupancy to comply with social distancing.

• Self-service food stations will be replaced by assisted buffet service.

• Pool and beach lounge chairs will be spaced for social distancing.

We have also enhanced sanitation and cleaning protocols to meet the new industry standards and will be reinforcing all health and sanitation certifications, including Mexico’s Distinctive H and Cristal International Standards.

Once again, thank you for your continued support. We cannot wait to see and serve you again. If you have any questions about your upcoming or future reservations or about the new enhanced protocols, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We are back & better than ever, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Original Group
Thanks. This is why we aren’t booking anything until things clear up. Figured restricted occupancy and all of that

D

Deleted member 10282

Well we are very excited, but trying to temper it.... I have a feeling that things are going to be anything but normal around the end of June. We had fun excursions planned like going to swim with the whale sharks and of course the boobs cruising being the top of my list... I have a feeling that many things just wont happen etc... recently our community has started to open things up and I read about the concept of PODs somewhere...

I think the main focus was "keep it exclusive … and keep it small.” This is not at all what I was dreaming about with temptations... but what do you all think of that concept? Maybe with occupancy low we can score the penthouse and keep things locked down to a small group? Do any of the other venues lend well to this? Kind of like what I imagine eating dinner with the same people every night would be like and trying to keep things to small groups as much as possible. Maybe its a bit like dating I suppose. You find you people and you keep it tight.

D

Deleted member 10282

Soo apparently demand i ssooo low that the boobs cruise may not sail! they need a minimum of 25 to sail and only 10 including us have sailed 6/26. Hope you all sign up! Also I saw many post and I think the wife confirmed that 6/10 is the new opening... Apparently everything will be still happening as far as theme nights etc. Hope you early June folks can reschedule to later in June =-)

Mrs.Smith

We are hoping for a quick end of june /july trip but canada is still in a wait and see pattern with very few airlines flying at least that I can see, mainly air canada and westjet.
Not sure how people will keep away from each other at ttr , or stick to the 6ft rule...

mcingr

We are hoping for a quick end of june /july trip but canada is still in a wait and see pattern with very few airlines flying at least that I can see, mainly air canada and westjet.
Not sure how people will keep away from each other at ttr, or stick to the 6ft rule...
My guess is nobody will, and I'll be ok with that when we get there in Sept.

D

Deleted member 10282

I think SW is cancelling flights. But american isn't? Its getting crazy logistically just to make it happen.

D

Deleted member 10282

Ok so we are having the check on the airlines constantly now. They all are canceling on us. Thank god she is a miles maven and persistent as fuck. on the upside she shamed them into first class tickets and we now arrive earlier in the day so yay. So if your reading this I would be checking my airlines. Ours was talking one thing to us online and another on the phone. Everything seems very fluid..

D

Deleted member 10282

I will PM you CDCalpoly. =-) but we are on the roll call I think its kinda accurate...

D

Deleted member 10282

The wife clued me on in all the machinations as far as air fair goes. The reason we are flying from one of the west most points to the east most points of this country to get to Cancun is that the AA flight out of Miami never cancels. There are 2 and the one that arrives in Cancun at 11am so far hasn't been cancelled. And she said if we are cannot get into Cancun for some reason might as well be in Miami I guess. Apparently the AA flight out of DFW is cancelled every other day or so?

EricAndRobin

We just changed from 6/13 - 6/20 to 7/4 - 7/11.
Southwest canceled our nice direct flights from BWI.
This just give Robin more time to recuperate before we part in July.

D

Deleted member 10282

Folks,

This article just published:

The relevant part is:

Cancun
Mexico's tourist capital of Quintana Roo has the most ambitious reopening plans. At one point, Quintana Roo Governor Carlos Joaquin Gonzalez deemed tourism as an essential business for the region. It's a plausible case as this region is home to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, the Riviera Maya, and picturesque Mayan ruins.

However, as late as May 19th, Governor Gonzalez said the best action to take right now is staying home. The initial June 1 reopening of hotels is too soon. What hotels are open are only for essential workers and other pandemic or emergency-related situations.

Hotels in this area are currently accepting reservations for July 1, 2020, and after. If the travel ban to Mexico doesn't extend further, Quintana Roo might be the first place you try visiting.

The official Quintana Roo tourism website still lists various "ferias" in July.

Not sure how accurate this thing is... Anyone have any news? We haven't heard anything from the hotels or airline. I did heard that the president (obrador?) of mexico is Driving to Cancun (apparently he sold the presidential jet). He is from the area apparently and the hope is he is announcing an opening or something?

D

Deleted member 10282

Ok seems like the Mexican President did his thing and made a speech about reopening Cancun.... Something about no buffets anymore... oh well. Room service only then?