Newbie single guy arriving 4-27 with far too many questions.

docholiday

I've been reading this forum since a kind soul from the Cancuncares forum so kindly took me under his wing and educated this already overeducated guy on the ways of the force, I mean lifestyle.

Let me say first that this is a wonderful group of people and you should be proud of what you have here. Forums I've been on in other aspects of life contain so much negativity but not here. Really well done.

I've been reluctant to post here despite the incredibly positive vibe because you are mostly couples. I was in one as well for a very long time but currently single... SLS is a great site but so, so few single women there looking to enjoy the lifestyle with a partner.

Anyway, I'll be at Temptation 4-27 to 5-2. I have signed up for the 4-29 Boobs cruise. I would like to participate in the theme night parties but in a respectful non-creepy way. In my career, I frequently have to thread the needle between doing just enough but not too much that could cause a problem. This feels a lot like that! I don't want to cross any lines and it's hard to know where those lines are when you are a newbie. Should I dress up at all? Should I just come dressed nice and chat with people? Should keep my eyes constantly above the horizon or do people want to be admired in their sexy outfits? Should I attempt to dance like I don't care or stick by the bar. I'm about a 4 out of 10 on dance moves...consider yourself warned. What are the couples here comfortable with in general with regard to socializing with single guys? A lot of questions I know but its wheels up in 10 days!

Mitchcoo

I've been reading this forum since a kind soul from the Cancuncares forum so kindly took me under his wing and educated this already overeducated guy on the ways of the force, I mean lifestyle.

Let me say first that this is a wonderful group of people and you should be proud of what you have here. Forums I've been on in other aspects of life contain so much negativity but not here. Really well done.

I've been reluctant to post here despite the incredibly positive vibe because you are mostly couples. I was in one as well for a very long time but currently single... SLS is a great site but so, so few single women there looking to enjoy the lifestyle with a partner.

Anyway, I'll be at Temptation 4-27 to 5-2. I have signed up for the 4-29 Boobs cruise. I would like to participate in the theme night parties but in a respectful non-creepy way. In my career, I frequently have to thread the needle between doing just enough but not too much that could cause a problem. This feels a lot like that! I don't want to cross any lines and it's hard to know where those lines are when you are a newbie. Should I dress up at all? Should I just come dressed nice and chat with people? Should keep my eyes constantly above the horizon or do people want to be admired in their sexy outfits? Should I attempt to dance like I don't care or stick by the bar. I'm about a 4 out of 10 on dance moves...consider yourself warned. What are the couples here comfortable with in general with regard to socializing with single guys? A lot of questions I know but its wheels up in 10 days!
My best advise coming from a couple who doesn’t mind respectable singles.. Don’t be a jerk! Get out there and have fun man. Get out there with your best dance moves and participate in theme nights and activities. I personally have never seen anyone totally shun a single unless they were being pushy or jerks. Lots of singles who go thinks that all women there are there for sex and want every cock in the house. That is a misconception that they associate with the lifestyle people. They have lots of lifestyle couples and vanilla couples there. The vanilla ones just enjoy the party and atmosphere but, that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t mind hanging out with a single guy who is super cool and fun. Go and have a good time man!! Don’t be “That guy” and you should be fine. If we were going the same time, we would welcome you to hangout and party with us.

lindilou

We'll be there same time as you buddy, so if we don't see you first, come by and say hi. We'll be glad to show you around!
Cheers

ltc48239

We will be there at the same time. Come say Hi

E&R1

I think as has been said before just be yourself and have fun. Most couples at TTR are there to have fun. They like meeting different people, conversing and partying. The biggest thing is just don’t push yourself on anyone. If a couple wants to bring you in they will show you.

Most of the issues I have seen at TTR come from groups of single guys that think all women there just want to have sex with any man. Hope you have fun.

Mrs.Smith

Honestly you seem like a respectful,decent guy already and I believe you will do fine. Each of our last 3 trips we have friended single fellows.. In most cases they have been like you, and have been welcomed.
My observations....
The drunk single guys with attitude turn all women off single or part of a couple.
And those guys that try to make moves on you and do not take no for an answer just because you see a group of friends hugging/kissing each other are a turn off.

Definitely do the boobs cruise, its fun. You may get a wee bit joked with by chino for being single on the cruise but its all in fun.
Dress up for the themes you enjoy.
Be yourself, say hi, smile and be friendly.
You will have a great time and meet so many great people!

oreoluvers

Addict
Just be respectful like any man single or married should and it will be a great vacation.Be sure to say and have a drink with us, also posting a pic never hurts cheers.

docholiday

Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful replies. I'm wired as a respectful guy no matter what but its definitely easier for me to be that way with people in the lifestyle. The level of trust, intimacy, and communication is truly admirable (and, bonus, leads to such fun times!) Makes me wonder how many are missing out on something they would love to do. Anyway, I do have some pics up in two private folders now for anyone interested in seeing them if we are going to be there at the same time. If you just want to give an opinion on the pics I put up that would help as well since they are also on SLS and I might need some guidance on what I should be doing. Looking forward to meeting for a drink with people who have contacted me already. Looking forward to just hanging with everyone. Nine days are seriously going to drag by now.

HotforSun

Been there 4 times as a single. Each time was amazing each time was different. I’ve met many long time friends.
I always go with no expectations, participate in themes, don’t get to drunk, be social and respectful. If something is meant to happen it will happen.
Just my opinion and my experience.
Go have fun.