Traveling with other couples

DCouple

Anyone ever traveled (booking seperate rooms)with other lifestyle couples that you have played with? We are debating. On one hand it’s nice to know other people, on the other hand we want to meet other people and don’t want to feel like we have to play only with that couple. Thoughts?

BoobieTrap

Hi, and yes, we have done the same. We also like to get out there and meet others but sometimes it just does not work that way when traveling with others. First they have to belike minded. When I say that, they need to be out going and willing to meet others. IF they do not, then you get the feeling that you are ignoring them and end up spending all your time with them. ALL the others in the group HAVE to understand that we will socialize but not hang with them all day. That you have other people that you would like to meet and that if we were to hang together, we could have done that a lot cheaper at home.
We make sure of this and go forth.
It is also very difficult to get seating for dinner for a group. A couple is fine but anymore than that and it gets cumbersome.
IF the others in the group understand that you plan is to meet others and have some fun then it would be OK.
We have found some folks that understand and we now have fun if we go with them.
Hope this helps. Above all, have a blast!!

Wild1s

I think it would be OK if you have an honest conversation up front. Last year I invited a boy toy to go with me (with Sam's permission) but I told him up front that I was going to be doing other guys and he should do other women and we could all play together at some point if he wanted. Surprisingly, he decided against it, so I went solo.

I also have another lifestyle friend (single male) that we have coordinated multiple trips to TTR with and there has never been a problem.

It might be a little different with a couple, but we're not into that specifically because of the drama, which I think is your concern.

Nwabvcpl

I think it is a good idea in theory as long as everyone is on the same page...that being said, we have traveled stateside with couples we regularly play with and it was a disaster....the husbands acted like they needed to "mark their territory" on all the ladies to keep other guys from coming anywhere near us. Uggh.

MandEOntario

Addict
Anyone ever traveled (booking seperate rooms)with other lifestyle couples that you have played with? We are debating. On one hand it’s nice to know other people, on the other hand we want to meet other people and don’t want to feel like we have to play only with that couple. Thoughts?

Our best vacations are drama-free, full of making wonderful memories, meeting new folks and enjoying safe, fun adventures as a couple. The risks of drama or bruised feelings is why we NEVER travel with friends (play friends and/or vanilla friends). Vacations are precious and costly, and it's such a great opportunity to rekindle the romance and reconnect as a couple. Why take the risks of anything falling short or negatively impacting your vacay, or even having to worry about inclusion, avoiding drama, etc.
Our two cents... xo

soldier4402

Addict
Whenever you go with a group at some point you owe something to the group or will have to do what the group wants. Choose groups wisely and if you add swinging into the mix it could even get more complicated.

Either way we traveled with our favorite swinger couple a few years ago. Needless to say there was different ideas and expectations from both sides. Ended with some bad blood for a while. We are good now though.

We really have great friends all around. But have decided to keep it to just us too

cancunfunforus

We've done it the last 2 years and are doing it again next month. First year we had 26 of us, last year 16 and this year 11 (plus about 7+ more but not all in the LS). We always have fun at the sexy pool and on the Boobs cruise and dancing at night....really anywhere! But we never have expectations that we all need to hang out together all the time or play together with specific couples. We always get out and meet others too. It can be fun but like stated before sometimes making dinner plans with everyone can be hard. You just have to make sure everyone gets along and is open minded to meet others which our group usually is. :)

soldier4402

Addict
We've done it the last 2 years and are doing it again next month. First year we had 26 of us, last year 16 and this year 11 (plus about 7+ more but not all in the LS). We always have fun at the sexy pool and on the Boobs cruise and dancing at night....really anywhere! But we never have expectations that we all need to hang out together all the time or play together with specific couples. We always get out and meet others too. It can be fun but like stated before sometimes making dinner plans with everyone can be hard. You just have to make sure everyone gets along and is open minded to meet others which our group usually is. :)
I’d say a large group is probably better and easier then say just another couple or maybe 2 other couple. Large groups tend to have different dynamics

lindilou

We did feel like we owed our friend couple something when we went together. It was odd and days ended weird at times. We are very social and they were introverted so it kind of didn't feel easy.
Our advice, if it's a large group, guess it's fine...people can find whatever feels ok, but if only another couple, better make sure everyone is ok with the mingling and sharing.
Just to recap, it will probably be just the 2 of us from now on. (we like meeting new friends!! ;))