US warns against international travel

• Thread starter Deleted member 9730
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9730

My wife and I are scheduled for our 2nd trip to TTR in early May, but as thing progress, that window of opportunity seems to be closing

below is a local news report in Louisiana.....

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Department of State has issued a level 4 travel advisory, advising Americans to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus. Thursday afternoon, DOS said that if U.S. citizens are in countries where commercial departure options are still available, they should arrange for immediate return to America, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period of time. The department says U.S. citizens who live abroad should also avoid all international travel, because many countries are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with little advance notice.

Airlines have canceled many international flights and several cruise operators have suspended operations or canceled trips.

“If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe,” said DOS.

If you decide to travel abroad or are already outside the United States, DOS offered these tips:

Please stay safe out there guys & gals
· Consider returning to your country of residence immediately using whatever commercial means are available.

· Have a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. Government for assistance.

· Review and follow the CDC’s guidelines for the prevention of coronavirus .

· Check with your airline, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.

· Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.

· Visit our Embassy webpages on COVID-19 for information on conditions in each country or jurisdiction.

· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States

Attachments

• A2C63EC3-FA91-4BA8-912F-8B4EE0D05597.jpeg
    A2C63EC3-FA91-4BA8-912F-8B4EE0D05597.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 2

MandEOntario

Addict
Wecametofork Thanks for posting this ... 13,000 cases reported in the U.S. (doubled yesterday!) ... yet many people are not self-isolating and avoiding groups ... still spring breakers... not self-isolating for 14 days after travel.. ... still in tight line ups and large groups... not practicing social distancing, as the health experts say we should, to help stop the community spreading.
Not a choice. Do the right thing. Don't listen to us. Listen to experts. Let's not shrug our shoulders about COVID-19. This is a call for collective action, proper preparedness and social/hygiene behaviours (frequent handwashing, coughing/sneezing into elbow, and not touching face). and not to panic, nor fear mongering. It is not a drill. Be part of the solution for your own sake, and others' by pulling together, until this all passes. Take it seriously and inform yourselves and loved ones with the facts. Be responsible and be kind to one another.
One word: Italy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9730

That's advisement. Not a requirement. The choice is still yours to make.
I never said that it was a requirement. I’m just simply trying to keep people informed that if they go (my wife and I included), that there is a chance that they will not be allowed back in the US until the virus outbreak is under control. And for them to plan accordingly.

coupleintheoc

For what ever reason me and my wife have had far more luck letting things evolve organically. The first year we went we were very nervious as we were in our mid-late 20s and have no idea what to expect. We had conversations before hand with couples that we had met online, got the wristbands, pineapple everything. But at the end of the day we didn't need any of that. When you are at TTR , you are in a sexy environment with a large group of people that are all there for the same reason... To have fun.
Honestly, my favorite part about the trip is mingling with couples that have zero intentions on playing with anyone other than their partner. Come night 3 there is 2 giggling couples leaving bash heading to who ever has the closest room.

****Feb 8 - 15**** look forward to seeing all my sexy friends again ;)
My wife and I are scheduled for our 2nd trip to TTR in early May, but as thing progress, that window of opportunity seems to be closing

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Department of State has issued a level 4 travel advisory, advising Americans to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19, the illness caused by the new coronavirus. Thursday afternoon, DOS said that if U.S. citizens are in countries where commercial departure options are still available, they should arrange for immediate return to America, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period of time. The department says U.S. citizens who live abroad should also avoid all international travel, because many countries are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and implementing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines, closing borders, and prohibiting non-citizens from entry with little advance notice.

Airlines have canceled many international flights and several cruise operators have suspended operations or canceled trips.

“If you choose to travel internationally, your travel plans may be severely disrupted, and you may be forced to remain outside of the United States for an indefinite timeframe,” said DOS.

If you decide to travel abroad or are already outside the United States, DOS offered these tips:

· Consider returning to your country of residence immediately using whatever commercial means are available.

· Check with your airline, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.

· Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.

· Visit our Embassy webpages on COVID-19 for information on conditions in each country or jurisdiction.

· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States

Thank you for this information, we just canceled our trip as well. Seems the safe thing to do. We are rescheduling for Halloween time

KatieCrush

Wecametofork Thanks for posting this ... 13,000 cases reported in the U.S. (doubled yesterday!) ... yet many people are not self-isolating and avoiding groups ... still spring breakers... not self-isolating for 14 days after travel.. ... still in tight line ups and large groups... not practicing social distancing, as the health experts say we should, to help stop the community spreading.
Not a choice. Do the right thing. Don't listen to us. Listen to experts. Let's not shrug our shoulders about COVID-19. This is a call for collective action, proper preparedness and social/hygiene behaviours (frequent handwashing, coughing/sneezing into elbow, and not touching face). and not to panic, nor fear mongering. It is not a drill. Be part of the solution for your own sake, and others' by pulling together, until this all passes. Take it seriously and inform yourselves and loved ones with the facts. Be responsible and be kind to one another.
One word: Italy.
So, since you want to go around preaching and leaving sad faces on people's comments, I can only assume that you NEVER, not even once, in the past two weeks have left your home for something that might be considered less than necessary? Never bought an ice cream cone, never a soda pop, never lingered at the news stand looking at a magazine, never bought a donut, never got take out, never bought bottled water rather than used the tap, never bought toilet paper rather than use and rewashed a wash cloth??? If you have done even one unnecessary thing then you deemed that activity, that purchase, that moment in time as worthy of putting yourself and others at risk. Until you can answer "no" to creating or warranting any risk on your own, you are guilty of the very same thing you criticize. "Those who live in glass houses should not cast stones". It was a recommendation, not an order. The people who said as much did only that - stated a fact and nothing more.

MandEOntario

Addict
So, since you want to go around preaching and leaving sad faces on people's comments, I can only assume that you NEVER, not even once, in the past two weeks have left your home for something that might be considered less than necessary? Never bought an ice cream cone, never a soda pop, never lingered at the news stand looking at a magazine, never bought a donut, never got take out, never bought bottled water rather than used the tap, never bought toilet paper rather than use and rewashed a wash cloth??? If you have done even one unnecessary thing then you deemed that activity, that purchase, that moment in time as worthy of putting yourself and others at risk. Until you can answer "no" to creating or warranting any risk on your own, you are guilty of the very same thing you criticize. "Those who live in glass houses should not cast stones". It was a recommendation, not an order. The people who said as much did only that - stated a fact and nothing more.

Don't worry, Tiffany is a big girl and likely isn't at all bruised by the fact I didn't like ONE of her msg's. We all know she's a good person and continues to rejuvenate and activate this forum. Who knew a sad face emoji could become such a lightening rod.
What you call 'preaching', most people would read it as words to the wise with positive intentions. You do you. You're young and of course, invincible.
We're at-risk seniors.
All we know about COVID-19 is what we're learning on tv and from our daughter who's an MD on the frontlines of this.
I haven't left the house AT ALL over the last 13 days, other than walking the dog alone around the neighbourhood, with social distancing away from others doing same. It sucks. It's boring. I haven't seen my kids, haven't seen my grandkiddos... and won't be seeing them for at least another 2 weeks. Absolutely hate this situation, and doing our part to try to understand and comply with what's recommended.
Good luck to you and yours.

D

Deleted member 9609

Hey, I don't need to be brought into this by anyone. I stated an absolute undeniable fact:

That's advisement. Not a requirement. The choice is still yours to make.

100% of that is the truth.

Not a choice.

Is completely inaccurate and false.

That said, MandEOntario is correct. I do not care how someone feels about my post. Read plenty of my posts and you will see. Lol. Additionally, I am well aware that what MandEOntario meant by their comment was "in their opinion, it SHOULD NOT be considered a choice". Fair point, indeed.

Conversely, I agree with KatieCrush that any act, even walking your dog, is one person placing that act as worthy enough to take a risk of the unknown.

If you guys wish to continue your arguement, go ahead, but leave me out of it. I stated an undeniable fact, not any opinion. You two are entitled to your separate opinions, to which I made no previous comment and took no side then and take no side, now. Argue if you wish, but don't drag me into it.

And.... SandDcouple, stop harassing people on the site. I get message after message from people asking what to do about your unwanted messaging. Just leave people alone, dude. It's not difficult to go about your own business and allow others to do the same.

KatieCrush

Hey, I don't need to be brought into this by anyone. I stated an absolute undeniable fact:

100% of that is the truth.

Is completely inaccurate and false.

That said, MandEOntario is correct. I do not care how someone feels about my post. Read plenty of my posts and you will see. Lol. Additionally, I am well aware that what MandEOntario meant by their comment was "in their opinion, it SHOULD NOT be considered a choice". Fair point, indeed.

Conversely, I agree with KatieCrush that any act, even walking your dog, is one person placing that act as worthy enough to take a risk of the unknown.

If you guys wish to continue your arguement, go ahead, but leave me out of it. I stated an undeniable fact, not any opinion. You two are entitled to your separate opinions, to which I made no previous comment and took no side then and take no side, now. Argue if you wish, but don't drag me into it.

And.... SandDcouple, stop harassing people on the site. I get message after message from people asking what to do about your unwanted messaging. Just leave people alone, dude. It's not difficult to go about your own business and allow others to do the same.
I'm done. Sorry if I brought you I to it. I said my peace and will move on.

D

Deleted member 9730

Attachments

• 77D24008-9D0D-4452-8893-04A84FEF739C.jpeg
    77D24008-9D0D-4452-8893-04A84FEF739C.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 23
D

Deleted member 9609

Congratulations to all those who waited. We just checked and due to waiting until this mandate your trips can be fully refunded (both hotel and airfare), after the order. Small silver lining for all the unfortunate cancellations. Hope all can make it back at another time. It will be worth the rescheduling.

tw1mempho

Additionally, the state of Quintana Roo offers 24-hour hotlines in English and Spanish should any tourist have questions or need any other kind of assistance while they are visiting the Mexican Caribbean: • Quintana Roo Epidemiological and Health Intelligence Unit (UIES): 800 832 9198 • Quintana Roo Guest Assist: 800 00 44 800
o Both of them offer bilingual assistance and provide 24-hour service •

Toll-free calling is also available from six international countries:
o Spain: 900985288
o US & Canada: 18552673363
o Brazil: 0 8008913052
o UK: 0 8082345859
o Rest of the World: +52 1 9988685180
As new information is available, we will continue to share updates and wish to reiterate the commitment of the State of Quintana Roo and its tourism industry to protecting the well-being of all travelers.

D

Deleted member 9609

Additionally, the state of Quintana Roo offers 24-hour hotlines in English and Spanish should any tourist have questions or need any other kind of assistance while they are visiting the Mexican Caribbean: • Quintana Roo Epidemiological and Health Intelligence Unit (UIES): 800 832 9198 • Quintana Roo Guest Assist: 800 00 44 800
o Both of them offer bilingual assistance and provide 24-hour service •

Toll-free calling is also available from six international countries:
o Spain: 900985288
o US & Canada: 18552673363
o Brazil: 0 8008913052
o UK: 0 8082345859
o Rest of the World: +52 1 9988685180
As new information is available, we will continue to share updates and wish to reiterate the commitment of the State of Quintana Roo and its tourism industry to protecting the well-being of all travelers.
Excellent info, tw1mempho. Thank you!

tw1mempho

Message for U.S. Citizens: U.S. Embassy Mexico City (March 21, 2020)

Event: Joint Statement on U.S.-Mexico Joint Initiative to Combat the COVID-19 Pandemic

The United States and Mexico agree on the need for a dedicated joint effort to prevent spread of the COVID-19 virus and address the economic effects resulting from reduced mobility along our shared border. The U.S. and Mexican governments further recognize critical services such as food, fuel, healthcare, and life-saving medicines must reach people on both sides of the border every day. Essential travel must therefore continue unimpeded during this time. In order to ensure that essential travel can continue, the United States and Mexico are also temporarily restricting all non-essential travel across its borders.

This action does not prevent U.S. citizens from returning home. This action does not apply to air travel.

These restrictions are temporary and go into effect on March 21, 2020. They will remain in effect through 11:59 pm on April 20, 2020. This decision has been coordinated with the Governments of Mexico and Canada. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for further information on the temporary limitations on nonessential travel.

Actions to Take:

• Learn more about the temporary limitations on our webpage.

• Visit Customs and Border Protection’s website for more information on operations and wait times at ports of entry between Mexico and the United States.

• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.

• Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availibility. Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.

• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.

• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate

you in an emergency.

Assistance:

• For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call 81 4160 5512 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.

• The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at:

Paseo de la Reforma 305

Colonia Cuauhtémoc

06500, Ciudad de México

Phone: +52-55-5080-2000

Fax: +52-55-5080-2005

E-Mail: ACSMexicoCity@state.gov

• State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate

you in an emergency.

• Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.

• Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.

• Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.

• Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.

------

Mensaje para los Ciudadanos Estadounidenses – Embajada de los Estados Unidos en la Ciudad de México (Marzo 21, 2020)

Suceso: Declaración Conjunta de Estados Unidos y México sobre la Iniciativa Conjunta para Combatir la Pandemia COVID-19

Los Estados Unidos y México concuerdan en la necesidad de dedicar un esfuerzo conjunto para prevenir el contagio del virus COVID-19 virus y abordar los efectos económicos resultantes de una movilidad reducida a lo largo de nuestra frontera compartida. Los gobiernos de Estados Unidos y México reconocen además que servicios críticos como alimentos, combustible, atención médica y medicamentos que salvan vidas deben llegar a las personas a ambos lados de la frontear diariamente. Por lo tanto, los viajes esenciales deben continuar sin obstáculos durante este tiempo. Con la finalidad de asegurar que los viajes esenciales puedan continuar, los Estados Unidos y México también están restringiendo de manera temporal aquellos viajes no esenciales a través de sus fronteras.

Esta acción no evita que los ciudadanos de los Estados Unidos regresen a casa. Esta acción no es aplicable a los viajes por vía aérea.

Estas restricciones son temporales y surten efecto a partir del 21 de marzo, 2020. Permanecerán en vigor hasta las 11:59 pm del 20 de abril, 2020. Esta decisión ha sido coordinada con los gobiernos de México y Canadá. Por favor nuestra sección de Preguntas Frecuentes para más información sobre las limitaciones temporales a los viajes no esenciales.

Acciones a tomar:

• Conozca más acerca de las limitaciones temporales en nuestra página de internet.

• Visite la página de internet de Aduanas y Protección Fronteriza (CBP) para más información acerca de las operaciones y tiempos de espera en los puntos de entrada entre México y los Estados Unidos.

• Visite la página sobre la crisis COVID-19 en travel.state.gov para la información más reciente.

• Muchos viajeros alrededor del mundo han reportado cancelaciones repentinas y disponibilidad limitada de vuelos. Contacte a sus aerolíneas, líneas de cruceros u operadores de viajes para obtener información actualizada acerca de sus planes de viajes y/o restricciones a los mismos.

• Visite nuestra página de internet de la Embajada sobre COVID-19 para información sobre las condiciones en México.

• Regístrese en el Programa de Registro del Viajero Inteligente (STEP por sus siglas en inglés) para recibir alertas y facilitar su localización en caso de emergencia.

Asistencia:

• Para Asistencia de Emergencia para ciudadanos estadounidenses en México, llame al 81 4160 5512 desde México o al 1-844-528-6611 desde los Estados Unidos.

• La Embajada de los Estados Unidos en México se localiza en:

Paseo de la Reforma 305

Colonia Cuauhtémoc

06500, Ciudad de México

Phone: +52-55-5080-2000

Fax: +52-55-5080-2005

E-Mail: ACSMexicoCity@state.gov

• Departamento de Estado – Asuntos Consulares: 1-888-407-4747 ó 1-202-501-4444

• Regístrese en el Programa de Registro del Viajero Inteligente (STEP por sus siglas en inglés) para recibir alertas y facilitar su localización en caso de emergencia.

• Siga al Departamento de Estado en Facebook y Twitter.

• Siga a la Embajada de los Estados Unidos en México en Facebook y Twitter.

• Revise los Reportes de Crimen y Seguridad para México.

• Prepare un plan de contingencia para situaciones de emergencia. Revise la Lista del Viajero.