Updates on logistics and atmosphere throughout re-opening:

• Thread starter Deleted member 9609
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9609

I just received the following message from a friend, currently at TTR :

"Got here yesterday. We had problems with the room - could not get it until almost 5 pm.

The only American beer is Heineken draft.

The quiet bar will only be open when She Restaurant is open at night....and only for a few hours.

It's still too early to say but it looks like only 3 restaurants will be open for dinner and be on a rotation system.

Rain (buffet for breakfast and lunch only ) - The Staff will meet you at the buffet line and have you point at what you would like, but they must put it on your plate for you. They will carry it to your seat if you request. They do not have straws - So bring your own.

We ate at flame last night. The rib eye was just okay. They had a VERY limited menu.

Caffeine has coffee, tea, cold sandwiches, and desserts. They are open early and close around 11 pm.

They have a buffet at Bash around 10 pm.

The lobby bar is open all day. You can get bottle water at this location.

The sexy pool is about 1/3 full (but it is Wed-Thur and only the 3rd week that Cancun has been open).

The Wifi will only download in the room on my laptop, we cannot get it to work on our phones.

The new staff is working in total confusion. They try to please but cannot meet a high standard of knowledge on the resort offerings or the daily events. For the most part, it's up to everyone to figure it out on their own."

Please feel free to add your feedback to this thread as conditions and atmosphere will be changing, daily

Sun&Fun

I just received the following message from a friend, currently at TTR :

"Got here yesterday. We had problems with the room - could not get it until almost 5 pm.

The only American beer is Heineken draft.

The quiet bar will only be open when She Restaurant is open at night....and only for a few hours.

It's still too early to say but it looks like only 3 restaurants will be open for dinner and be on a rotation system.

Rain (buffet for breakfast and lunch only ) - The Staff will meet you at the buffet line and have you point at what you would like, but they must put it on your plate for you. They will carry it to your seat if you request. They do not have straws - So bring your own.

We ate at flame last night. The rib eye was just okay. They had a VERY limited menu.

Caffeine has coffee, tea, cold sandwiches, and desserts. They are open early and close around 11 pm.

They have a buffet at Bash around 10 pm.

The lobby bar is open all day. You can get bottle water at this location.

The sexy pool is about 1/3 full (but it is Wed-Thur and only the 3rd week that Cancun has been open).

The Wifi will only download in the room on my laptop, we cannot get it to work on our phones.

The new staff is working in total confusion. They try to please but cannot meet a high standard of knowledge on the resort offerings or the daily events. For the most part, it's up to everyone to figure it out on their own."

Please feel free to add your feedback to this thread as conditions and atmosphere will be changing, daily
I didn't know Heineken was American Beer but thanks for the update

WestHoustonCouple

Thanks for the update.
Pls ask them how's the vibe, atmosphere, sexiness of the topless pool, being just 1/3 full....

D

Deleted member 9609

I didn't know Heineken was American Beer but thanks for the update
I'm sure they were referencing a beer readily available in America, but you are correct..... Heineken is a product of The Netherlands. Nevertheless, if you are the type of member who likes to roast people on only your 2nd post in 3 years, go right ahead. Lol I simply repost their quotes and am grateful for anything they have to offer.

Sun&Fun

I'm sure they were referencing a beer readily available in America, but you are correct..... Heineken is a product of The Netherlands. Nevertheless, if you are the type of member who likes to roast people on only your 2nd post in 3 years, go right ahead. Lol I simply repost their quotes and am grateful for anything they have to offer.
It wasn't meant as a roast sorry if I offended you

knowwhatimean

We were there 13-20. I agree with everything but about the staff. The staff is working extremely hard with limited people. They are bending over backwards to try to make sure everyone is having a great time. We had an absolute great time and although it was only at about 30% capacity we wouldn't hesitate to go again right now! LOL We are headed back in September and can't wait!

D

Deleted member 9609

New update from our friends:

"Hey guys, just to update:

There were 4 restaurants open last night (Thursday)
Amores - Mexican
Sea Flirt - Seafood
Flame - Steak
Romanza - Italian

We ate at Sea Flirt and enjoyed the blackened ribeye steaks and coconut shrimp. We found a poster of which restaurants are open for dinner, in front of She (by the quiet pool), each day.

We were told that the rotation is conducted every day and that the crew working at the Sea Flirt will be at She, on Friday, and then back to Sea Flirt, on Saturday.

It is Friday today so the boob cruise should thin out the crowd at the sexy pool.

The mood and friendliness of the people at the sexy pool is looking good.

JJ was at the pool yesterday and was working for the crowd.

The staff of the hotel is as friendly and willing to help all the guests, as much as possible.

Just a reminder if you were at TTR last year, they gave out a little pamphlet (playbook) with maps and information. If you kept it, bring it back with you. They did not give any out, on this trip. It helps to remember where each location is on the resort.

TTR has a room chip in their ID bracelets now, so no need for door keys. Simply rub your bracelet against the door lock to open. Having no door cards to carry around is great, but now they give you "beach towel cards" that must be handed over, in order to get towels and you retrieve your card when you return your towels. I am sure you will need them when you check out at the end of your trip, so keep up with them!

The sports bar has not been open on this trip, as of yet."

Last edited by a moderator:

C the Animal

Leave in 7 days can’t wait. Love the no room key that helps a lot when u got drinks in ur hand.

ILikefun

Can confirm most of what is being said as we are here currently. It’s still a great time!

The wristband room key Is a game changer.

Also I can’t seem to upload photos without them being upside down.... so sorry!!!

Attachments

• BC46BC0B-2230-4821-8DF7-660EFF1310F6.jpeg
    BC46BC0B-2230-4821-8DF7-660EFF1310F6.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 108
D

Deleted member 9609

Can confirm most of what is being said as we are here currently. It’s still a great time!

The wristband room key Is a game changer.

Also I can’t seem to upload photos without them being upside down.... so sorry!!!
This is the view for the cast of Stranger Things! Lol

derby202020

Arrived at 2:00. Sexy pool crowded. No chairs at all. Easy to get a drink. Went to pool at tower and ate a light snack which was great. Room seemed unused in months but otherwise it was all fun. Staff abundant and friendly. Will see what tonight looks like. Cheers. Wife had several margaritas and is snoozing presently.

Robert & Thuy

you do not need a huge crowd ion order to have a blast.....and i suspect that the small crowd after reopening will be the ultimate pervert one...just like us....we will get there july 18th....

Metricrider

Addict
We went Aug 11-19. Buffet was like listed. Very slow so we went only once. Quiet pool not being open every day is a drag for sure but i guess i get it with the smaller crowds. Fri-sun picked up alot and was busy. I know just like the bars and restaurants here (California), im sure they are skiddish and dont want to be shut down. Overall, we had a great time as always, met cool new people, and the boobs cruise rocked as always (regular buffet for that). Staff was great and drinks flowed quickly as well. I kinda like the reduced crowd. Easy to get drinks and into a nice restaurant for dinner. If you’re on the fence about going, i would say definitely go.